Autism Tasmania is a community based, not for profit, incorporated association and registered charity.
We are committed to improving the lives of individuals with autism, their families, and carers; and to improve community awareness and understanding of autism and related communication conditions.
We are guided by consultation with our members and the extended autism community in our advocacy for equity and fairness.
A bright future for all people living with autism
To help people on the autism spectrum, their families and carers participate fully, independently and equally in all aspects of their everyday lives; by providing information and support, increasing community awareness, delivering autism training and advocating for systemic change.
Autism Tasmania is governed by a voluntary board of directors drawn from its membership, with geographic and skills based representation. It is responsible for the oversight of the strategic, financial and legal obligations of the entity; and benefits from the professional expertise and lived experience of its directors.
- To provide quality information and support services to people on the autism spectrum, their families and carers.
- To complement, enhance and facilitate professional autism training to individuals and service providers.
- To advocate on behalf of the autism community to government and other service providers on issues of concern and assist in development of autism friendly service provision.
- To raise community awareness and understanding of autism.
- To operate a sustainable, accountable and transparent organisation.
- To remain the peak autism body in Tasmania.
- We believe that all people are capable of contributing to and enriching society.
- We value equality and recognise that some people need a greater share of resources in order to have equal opportunity.
- We value individuality and acknowledge that all people should be treated with respect; and have the opportunity to be involved in decision making relating to the services they require.
- We value evidence based practice and policy development.
- We believe collaboration and partnering delivers more than we can achieve alone.
- We believe skilled and valued employees are vital to quality service provision.
- We value professional, accountable and transparent operations.